The DSS Mission: We create social games made for you and your best friends. You’re welcome.
The DSS Vision: Millions of friends and families got together for the best Friday night ever. We’re the reason why.
As a leading creator of one-of-a-kind social games, we are committed to getting people off their phones and into the here and now.
Welcome to DSS GAMES.
As our CREATIVE PROJECT MANAGER you will be responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of all game files for new games. You will work closely with the Creative Director of the company to develop and execute on publishing plans of new games. Through this process you will manage and direct freelance designers, illustrators, writers and editors.
Exempt, full-time position with benefits
Reports To: Creative Director
Project Management – 80%
- Oversee and ensure timely completion of all new games from initial concept through to finished files handed off to Production dept.
- Ensure project files are up to date and properly stored
- Manage editorial and design schedules for all new titles in development
- Oversee development of all editorial + design for all new games working with partners, freelance designers, illustrators, writers, editors etc.
- Work through design reviews with team and relay information to designers
- Manage writers as they work through rounds of content giving them feedback and direction
- Working with Creative Director, edit and refine game content, game rules and package copy
- Cultivate relationships with new freelance designers, writers, editors, etc.
Play Testing and Game Development – 10%
- Oversee 3rd party gameplay development companies
- Develop, implement and publish systems by which all games in development will be fully play-tested and reviewed
- Source groups to playtest and review games in development as well as new ideas for games
- Manage playtest/product review events
- Compile and review playtest/product review results with Creative Director and others
- Synthesize playtest notes into clear feedback on how to improve revised content
Creative Development – 10%
- Working with Creative Director and others, refine games in development as well as new ideas for games
- Contribute to New Idea meetings
- Manage and maintain a “New Ideas” list for possible new games
- Manage process for receiving and reviewing new game ideas submitted to Company by outside parties
- College graduate
- 4 years relevant experience
- Experienced project manager
- Experienced directing designers + writers
- Creative thinker
- Enjoys playing social games
- Good sense of humor
- Can quote Michael Scott with ease
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Unless prohibited by applicable law, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.