CREATIVE PROJECT MANAGER
CREATIVE PROJECT MANAGER
The DSS Mission: We create social games made for you and your best friends. You’re welcome.
The DSS Vision: Millions of friends and families got together for the best Friday night ever. We’re the reason why.
As a leading creator of one-of-a-kind social games, we are committed to getting people off their phones and into the here and now.
Welcome to DSS GAMES.
As our CREATIVE PROJECT MANAGER you will be responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of all game files for new games. You will work closely with the Creative Director of the company to develop and execute on publishing plans of new games. Through this process you will manage and direct freelance designers, illustrators, writers and editors.
Exempt, full-time position with benefits
Reports To: CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Design Development – 35%
- Oversee development and delivery of all design for all new games working with partners, freelance designers, illustrators, etc.
- Work through design reviews with team and relay information to designers
- Direct designers on file updates to new and existing games, ensuring all files are up to date
- Cultivate relationships with new designers
- Give input on designs
Editorial Development – 35%
- Oversee development and delivery of all editorial for all new games working with partners, freelance writers, freelance editors playtesters etc.
- Working with Creative Director, edit and refine game content, game rules and package copy
- Manage writers as they work through rounds of content giving them feedback and direction
- Oversee 3rd party gameplay development companies
- Cultivate new writers and editors
Project Management – 10%
- Oversee and ensure timely completion of all new games in production from initial concept to finished files
- Ensure project files are up to date and properly stored
- Manage editorial and design schedules for all new titles in development
Play-Testing – 10%
- Develop, implement and publish systems by which all games in development will be fully play-tested and reviewed
- Source groups to playtest and review games in development as well as new ideas for games.
- Manage playtest/product review events
- Compile and review playtest/product review results with Creative Director and others
- Synthesize playtest notes into clear feedback on how to improve revised content
Creative Development – 10%
- Working with Creative Director and others, refine games in development as well as new ideas for games
- Contribute to New Idea meetings
- Manage and maintain a “New Ideas” list for possible new games
- Review idea submissions from third parties and help decide which to put into publishing plan
- College graduate
- 4 years relevant editorial and/or design experience
- Experience managing freelancers
- Experienced project manager
- Comfortable directing design
- Comfortable directing copy
- Creative thinker
- Enjoys playing social games
- Good sense of humor
- Can quote Michael Scott with ease
Please email Careers@DSSGames.com with resume and salary requirements.