SHIPPING & LOGISTICS MANAGER
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS MANAGER
The DSS Mission: We create social games made for you and your best friends. You’re welcome.
The DSS Vision: Millions of friends and families got together for the best Friday night ever. We’re the reason why.
As a leading creator of one-of-a-kind social games, we are committed to getting people off their phones and into the here and now.
Welcome to DSS GAMES.
As our Shipping & Logistics Manager, you will work to improve all aspects of the global supply chain function (strategy, resource optimization, profitability) by reviewing current methodology and processes to maximize efficiency.
As Shipping & Logistics Manager, you will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with retailers, partners, and distributors.
As the Company continues to grow, you will hire and manage a Coordinator to work with you.
Reports To: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Exempt, full-time position with benefits
Order Management & Fulfillment - 40%
- Become Company’s EDI expert to optimize and improve PO order flows
- Further develop our EDI system (SPS Commerce or other software) to handle complex order flows from big box retailers
- Collaborate with the Operations Assistant to ensure the timely delivery of POs to our customers worldwide
- Collaborate with Sales on item forecasts
- Point person for all Amazon issues - reviewing product pages for accuracy and opening cases in Vendor Support (as necessary)
- Manage Amazon PO order flow via EDI between Vendor Central and Warehouse
- Collaborate with other departments to close operational gaps
Inventory Management - 30%
- Collaborate with Partners and Director of Operations on inventory worldwide to ensure proper inventory levels on all products at all times
- Identify and implement an ERP system to create sustainable systems to effectively manage inventory at domestic and international warehouses
- Monitor inventory for overstock situations and work to find solutions to these issues with our Partners
- Ensure Amazon (FBA & Vendor Central) is maintaining healthy inventory levels, not understocked or overstocked on individual items
- Maintain working relationships with distributors worldwide
Shipping + Logistics - 30%
- Research and seek out the most cost-effective shipment procedures and methods
- Oversee the following:
- - Freight forwarder logistics + confirmation of space
- - Confirmation of vendor guidelines re: weight, volume and packing details
- - Final delivery of goods at destination and tracking of shipments en-route
- - Review of shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, and certificates of origin
- - Verify proper packaging and labeling of products
- - Provide detailed port information to freight forwarders
- Communicate and inform the internal team of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments
- Works with freight forwarders and transportation companies to set best route and rate (reviews and approves all freight terms and agreements)
- Review international and domestic shipping bills for accuracy
Please email Careers@DSSGames.com with resume and salary requirements.