The DSS Vision: We believe in a world where we prioritize connecting with our friends and family.
The DSS Mission: We create games that are more fun than looking at your phone.
As a leading creator of one-of-a-kind social games, we are committed to getting people off their phones and into the here and now.
Welcome to DSS GAMES.
As the Marketing Director, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining our company's growth trajectory by leading and executing comprehensive marketing efforts. You will be responsible for all advertising strategies, social media initiatives, influencer relationships, and branding efforts to support both new product launches and evergreen franchise products to help meet or exceed our projections. You will accomplish this with a small but growing team as well as using freelance support.
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Report(s): Social Media Manager + 1-2 new additional hires
Location: Solana Beach, CA (Hybrid - In-Office and WFH)
Exempt, full-time position with benefits
Marketing + Strategy: 45%
- Develop and implement new marketing programs/strategies to support new product launches as well as evergreen franchise titles.
- Create an annual budget for all marketing efforts, and track expenses to budget. Provide ongoing performance updates against goals and budget no less than monthly.
- Lead advertising efforts across multiple channels, optimizing campaigns for reach, impact, ROAS, and like metrics.
- Support selling efforts at Amazon and Mass Channel (i.e. Target, Walmart, etc) with effective marketing strategies.
- Build and lead a high-performing marketing team.
- Give feedback on business plans, sales projections and company goals.
- Restructure and maintain the company website.
- Ensure marketing efforts align with our company's vision, mission, and core values.
Paid Marketing- 25%
- Create, track and optimize social media ad campaigns to drive sales on TikTok and Meta platforms.
- Create, track and optimize all Amazon ads.
- Coordinate with sales team on all retail promotions, including Black Friday, TPC promotions, etc.
- Cultivate a network of influencers aligned with our audience, negotiate terms, and establish contractual relationships as needed. Develop influencer initiatives to promote our games across various social platforms, driving online sales and securing retail placements.
Organic Marketing - 25%
- Create and update all Amazon product pages.
- Oversee schedule & content for regular postings.
- Create copy for Amazon and website product pages.
- Write fun, on-brand copy for social media channels.
- Manage our team of TikTok freelancers.
- Develop content strategy with team and ensure content is up to standard.
- Develop and deploy LinkedIn strategy for trade level marketing and recruitment efforts.
- Create email drip campaigns.
Product Strategy - 5%
- Contribute as a member of the publishing committee to decide what titles the company should publish.
- Give feedback on new ideas and products in development through all stages from concept to cover design to content review.
- College graduate
- 5+ years marketing experience
- Skilled in Meta + TikTok Ads Manager
- Experienced creating social content for organic + paid
- Experience supporting sales in Mass Channel accounts
- Comfortable running amazon ad campaigns to support sales
- Strong communication, leadership, and entrepreneurial skills
- A consistent learner who stays updated on industry best practices
- Experience working in a young and dynamic growth business, actively contributing in multiple facets across the entire marketing department, and collaborating effectively with other business segments
- Experience marketing a product that is sold DTC and mass retail channels
- Marketing-related certifications are a bonus
- Comfortable writing fun, witty and funny short copy for website and social in brand voice
- Have an in-depth knowledge of new media and the current trends on all platforms
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Unless prohibited by applicable law, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.