MANUFACTURING & PRODUCTION MANAGER
The DSS Mission: We create social games made for you and your best friends. You’re welcome.
The DSS Vision: Millions of friends and families got together for the best Friday night ever. We’re the reason why.
As a leading creator of one-of-a-kind social games, we are committed to getting people off their phones and into the here and now.
Welcome to DSS GAMES.
As our Production Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the printing of all games and other products published by DSS GAMES. You will work with our printers and other manufacturers, primarily located in China.
As Production Manager, you will be a key player in defining and specing out new product that the Company is looking to publish.
As the Company continues to grow, you will hire and manage a Production Coordinator to work with you.
Reports To: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Exempt, full-time position with benefits
Production Work - 70%
- Primary point person to the Company’s printers and manufacturers
- Create and maintain production schedules for multiple titles
- Source quotes and negotiate final print cost, prior to new print runs, pending partner approval
- Collaborate with the Editorial Manager to ensure all files are accurate prior to approving new print runs
- Oversee delivery of print files to printers
- Review proofs and dummies from printers
- Coordinate with sales department to ensure product is prepared according to retailer and warehouse requirements
- As required, oversee safety testing of products to ensure domestic and international compliance
- Track all changes for reprints from a product and content perspective
- Approve print and other manufacturing bills and provide to Accounting for payment
- Oversee systems to ensure timely delivery of product, to highest quality standards possible
- Spearhead Company’s efforts to always be moving closer to becoming a fully “green” Company
- Source new printing partners and other manufacturers
- Travel to China (and elsewhere as needed) to maintain relationships with print and other manufacturing suppliers
Product Development - 15%- Define and develop specs and cost out new games and additional products
- Work with product developers on package specs, components and the like for new products
- Critique new products in development from a production standpoint, obtain dummies, and revise
- Work collaboratively with Creative Director in defining specs for new products
Shipping - 15%- Oversee shipping of product from manufacturers to our domestic warehouse
- Communicate order instructions to manufacturers for FOB orders from retailers and distributors
- College graduate
- Four or more relevant years prior work experience in manufacturing
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple projects
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in small, casual office environment
- Experience with international ocean freight shipping
Please email Careers@DSSGames.com with resume and salary requirements.