Manufacturing and Production Manager
The DSS Mission: We create social games made for you and your best friends. You’re welcome.
The DSS Vision: Millions of friends and families got together for the best Friday night ever. We’re the reason why.
As a leading creator of one-of-a-kind social games, we are committed to getting people off their phones and into the here and now.
Welcome to DSS GAMES.
As our Production Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the printing of all games and other products published by DSS GAMES. You will work with our printers and other manufacturers, primarily located in China.
As Production Manager, you will be a key player in defining and specing out new product that the Company is looking to publish.
As the Company continues to grow, you will hire and manage a Production Coordinator to work with you.
Reports To: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Exempt, full-time position with benefits
Production Work - 70%
- Primary point person to the Company’s printers and manufacturers
- Set up production schedules for new titles
- Provide quotes for varying print quantities and specs
- Negotiate print pricing and obtain Partner’s sign-off to final quantities and pricing.
- Direct Company’s designers to deliver and revise files as needed prior to delivering to printers.
- Oversee delivery of print files to printers
- Review proofs and dummies from printers
- Insure all product is properly stickered and cartons properly marked - confirm whether inner cartons are needed with Sales department
- As required, oversee safety testing of products to ensure domestic and international compliance
- Track all changes for reprints from a product and content perspective
- Approve print and other manufacturing bills and provide to Accounting for payment
- Oversee systems to ensure timely delivery of product, to highest quality standards possible
- Spearhead Company’s efforts to always be moving closer to becoming a fully “green” Company
- Source new printing partners and other manufacturers
- Travel to China (and elsewhere as needed) to maintain relationships with print and other manufacturing suppliers
Product Development - 15%
- Define specs and cost out new games and other products
- Work with product developers on package specs, components and the like for new products
- Critique new products in development from a production standpoint, obtain dummies, and revise.
- Work collaboratively with Creative Director in defining specs for new products
Shipping - 15%
- Oversee shipping of product from manufacturers to our domestic warehouse
- Communicate order instructions to manufacturers for FOB orders from retailers and distributors