The DSS Mission: We create games that are more fun than looking at your phone.
The DSS Vision: We believe in a world where we prioritize connecting with our friends and family.
DSS Values: Connection, Community, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Creativity & Learning, Sustainability
As a leading creator of one-of-a-kind social games, we are committed to getting people off their phones and into the here and now.
Welcome to DSS GAMES.
As our Accounting Manager, you will oversee all accounting-related work at the Company, with direct day-to-day involvement in a number of tasks and activities. The specific duties include: the development and monitoring of financial controls for the Company, overseeing both AP and AR, insuring the Company is compliant on a variety of tax matters, and overseeing the work of our freelance bookkeeper.
Exempt, part-time/full-time position with benefits
Reports To: Director of Operations
Direct Reports: Freelance Bookkeeper
Systems & Reporting– 40%
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines for how the Company both approves and makes expenses
- Oversee and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems
- Work with Director of Operations and Executive Team in producing the Company's annual budgets
- Lead monthly meeting to review projections against actuals for budgets ● Produce a variety of financial and accounting reports working from Quickbooks, monitor for trends and discrepancies
- Create and maintain a cash flow management report
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable – 40%
- Point person on all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable items ● Obtain sign-off from appropriate department heads on all A/P bills and A/R invoices received, forward approved documents to bookkeeper for entry
- Follow up directly with delinquent accounts to facilitate collections; make proposals for how to address delinquent accounts
- Notify Supply Chain Manager of any customer chargebacks, and work with customers to resolve chargeback fees deducted in error
- Conduct ongoing audits of all A/R statements and payments received from Amazon (Vendor Central), Distributors, Shopify and other key accounts
- Provide monthly reporting to Partners on both A/P & A/R
- Negotiate more favorable payment terms with Retailers and Suppliers
Compliance & Taxes – 15%
- Create and maintain a compliance spreadsheet and tax calendar; what is due when and who at Company is responsible
- Point person to Company’s Accountant for all three corporate entities ● Work with bookkeeper to ensure all corporate filings and taxes are processed on-time ● Lead on Federal and State payroll filings
- File and process payments for VAT tax (UK), PST tax (British Columbia) & CRA/GST tax (Canada)
- Oversee bookkeeper’s ongoing work on the following: EDD filings, bi-weekly payroll into QB, PTO Tracking, Annual 1099 and W2 preparation, distribution of 401k funds, and quarterly payroll filings
Banking – 5%
- Monitor bank accounts for fraud
- Reconcile all Company bank accounts on a monthly basis
- BS in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- 6+ years experience as an accounting or finance manager
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Highly skilled in all aspects of Quickbooks
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active or inactive CPA license
- Comfortable in small, casual office environment
- Enjoys working in a start-up-type environment
- San Diego resident
- Preferably needs more cowbell
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Unless prohibited by applicable law, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.